《Higashihiroshima City Museum of Art》Special Exhibition Grandma Moses Exhibition - Wonderful 100 Years of Life
Anna Mary Robertson Moses (1860-1961), nicknamed Grandma Moses (Grandma Moses), is known as an American national painter. Moses, an unknown farmer, began painting in earnest in her 70s, and opened her first solo exhibition in New York at the age of 80. He quickly became a popular painter due to his unique career, and works that depict everyday life, seasonal events, landscapes reflected in front of his eyes, etc. with simple brushwork, etc., but he lived solid days as a farmer throughout his life, 101 He left over 1,600 works until the year he died at the age of
This exhibition, which was planned for the 160th anniversary of his birth, will exhibit about 130 works including the first public exhibition in Japan, such as masterpieces drawn at the age of 100 from the earliest works, embroidered paintings, and favorite items and related materials that tell the story of Moses’s life.
The museum will be the final venue for this exhibition, which traveled to Osaka, Nagoya, Shizuoka, and Tokyo since April last year.
Please take this opportunity to see the world of Grandma Moses, who loved nature and simple living, and lived a wonderful 100-year life with strength and sincerity in the “100-year life era”.
- 2022/04/12(TUE) - 2022/05/22(SUN)
- 9:00 to 17:00 (admission until 30 minutes before closing)
However, it opens at 10:00 on 4/12 (Tuesday), and opens until 19:00 on 4/29 (Friday) and 5/20 (Friday)
- Advance tickets
General 1,100 yen, high school students 700 yen*,
Advance ticket sales office: 7-Eleven (Seven Ticket)
(Seven Code: 092-884 Sales page is here → http://7ticket.jp/s/092884)
* Sales period: From 2/12 (Saturday) to 4/11 (Monday) ※Advance tickets are not sold at the hotel
* Please show your student ID
General 1,300 yen, high school students 900 yen*, junior high school students and younger free*
* Sold at the hotel and Seven-Eleven (Seven Ticket) [Advance Ticket Common Code] during the exhibition
* Please present your student ID/20% discount for groups of 20 people or more for same-day tickets/Late-stage elderly medical care insured card, physical disability certificate, medical care notebook, mental disability health and welfare handbook, free viewing Please present each notebook, etc. (smartphone application “Mirairo ID” can also be used) at the reception desk.
- 9-1 Saijo Sakaemachi, Higashihiroshima-shi, Hiroshima 739-0015
- Phone Number
Regular holidays/holidays: Open everyday during the exhibition
Parking: If you come by car, please use a nearby parking lot. If you use the municipal Saijo-Okamachi parking lot, the parking fee will be free for 2 hours.