Nationally designated important cultural property A Christian church built to commemorate the victims of the atomic bomb and war and pray for world peace.

This is a Christian church (Catholic Noboricho Church) built for the purpose of commemorating the victims of the atomic bomb and war and praying for world peace. Father Hugo Lasalle, who was exposed to the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, started construction on August 6, 1950 with the help of the Pope and others from all over the world, and it took four years to complete in 1954 (August 8, 1954). It was inaugurated on June 6th and was named the ``World Peace Memorial Cathedral''. It was designed by Togo Murano, who also designed Prince Hitachi Residence and Takarazuka City Hall in Hyogo Prefecture, and was the first postwar building to be designated as an important cultural property along with the Peace Memorial Museum. Designated date: July 5, 2006

INFORMATION

business hours
Tour 9:00-17:00
Holidays
none
price
none
address
730-00164-42 Nobori-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture
Phone Number
082-221-0621
Website
Parking Lot
No parking lot

ACCESS

730-0016 
4-42 Nobori-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture

Public JR Hiroshima Station bound for Enami or Miyajimaguchi via Kamiyacho Hiroshima Port (Ujina) bound for Hiroshima Port (Ujina) Approximately 10 minutes Get off at "Kanayamacho" and walk 5 minutes north

Share this article