A museum designed by world-famous architect Tadao Ando
The philosophy of the Onomichi City Museum of Art is to nurture culture together with the region and bridge the traditions of Japan and the world by providing a wide range of high-quality art that transcends time, borders, and even genres. It is to become. Located at the heart of the Shimanami Kaido and the Trans-China Expressway, the Onomichi City Museum of Art blends in with the rich natural environment of Setouchi and the townscape with many temples and shrines, while emphasizing the aesthetic sense of world-class architects. In addition to the air-conditioning, disaster prevention, and crime prevention equipment that are indispensable for displaying high-quality art and cultural properties, the museum is equipped with exhibition walls, cases, storage, and unpacking rooms to earn the trust of the storage destinations of domestic and foreign masterpieces. It has become. The Onomichi City Museum of Art makes use of these extensive facilities and favorable location conditions to live in Onomichi, and many people who visit it can easily stop by to enjoy the warm and authentic scenery of Setouchi. We will provide a place of relaxation where you can come into contact with art and culture.
- business hours
- 09: 00 ~ 17: 00 * Admission is until 16:30
- Monday * Open on public holidays December 29th, December 30th, December 31st, January 1st, January 2nd, January 3rd
- Since it is set for each exhibition, please see the homepage or contact us (0848-23-2281 or https://www.onomichi-museum.jp/). It is free for junior high school students and younger.
- 〒722-0032 17-19 Nishitsuchidocho, Onomichi City, * Senkoji Park.
- Phone Number
- Fax number
- Parking Lot
- Please use the Senkoji Park parking lot (70 cars, charge)