Date of establishment: August 6, 1957 Zaimokucho is a corner of the Nakajima district that once prospered as the center of the city's downtown and entertainment district. Timber was collected and distributed along the river. The spacious residential area is lined with historic temples, including Seigan-ji Temple, which was one of the largest in Hiroshima. It had a downtown atmosphere. However, just 500 meters from the hypocenter, the town was destroyed in an instant. In addition to the residents, many junior high school students and school girls who were mobilized for the work were also killed because the building was designated as a building evacuation area along with the neighboring town, and died in a tragic manner.
- business hours
- Open all year round
- 〒730-08111 Nakajima-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City (Peace Memorial Museum East Building North)
- Parking Lot