The outer wall that was built during the Meiji period remains almost intact.
This is part of the canning factory of the former army's food supply branch built in 1911. It was renovated in 1984 and is currently used as the Hiroshima City Local History Museum. The Provisions Branch is a facility for producing, storing, and supplying food for soldiers and fodder for war horses, and the outer walls have been preserved almost as they were back then. The roof, which used to be made of iron, has been replaced with copper, faithfully replicating the ``kawarabobuki'' construction method that has been passed down to the present day. A two-brick retaining wall protrudes from the south exterior wall, and the central entrance has a gabled eave with a triangular gable, and a rain gutter is installed in the arch at the top of the wall. It is housed in an eaves decoration with a ball placed in the upper center.
- business hours
- 9:00-17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
- Every Monday (Mondays and Tuesdays in December and January), the day after a national holiday from December 29th to January 3rd, and other temporary closures
- Individuals/adults 100 yen, seniors (over 65 years old) and high school students 50 yen, junior high school students and younger free Groups (over 30 people)/adults 80 yen, seniors (over 65 years old) and high school students 30 yen, junior high school students and under free *Senior prices are for health Age verification with official identification such as insurance card or driver's license is required.
- 〒734-00152-6-20 Miyuki Ujina, Minami-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture
- Phone Number
- Parking Lot