A department store that opened as a modern building at the time of the atomic bombing, 710m from the hypocenter.
In 1938 (Showa 13), Fukuya department store new building opened with 2 floors underground and 8 floors above ground. It was a modern building equipped with air-conditioning equipment, which was still rare at the time, and was bustling with many people. However, the time is already wartime. In 1945, it was used by the army and the control company, and was forced to be closed. In the same year, he was exposed at 710 meters from the hypocenter. After the war, floors that were not open for business were used as rental rooms, but in 1951, the sales area was finally restored to its pre-war size. It underwent several extensions and renovations, and in 1972 the outer wall was completely renovated.