It is a 16-meter commemorative inscription carved on a huge rock on the north side of the Nagano Hitotsubashi stop on the prefectural road Teishakuiseki line. Difficult work was carried out by manually crushing rocks and digging up and reclaiming earth and sand so that carts could pass between the prefecture and Amakawa. When the construction was completed after seven years, it took a month and a half to praise the hardships and wish for the development of the area. The capital letters of the engraved "Amami Line Construction Memorial" and the inscription of Yasushi Shimoe, the founder of 1945, are deeply engraved on both sides.

INFORMATION

address
729-3602Nagano, Jinseki Kogen Town, Jinseki District
Phone Number
0847-85-2201
(一社)神石高原町観光協会
Parking Lot

ACCESS

729-3602 
Nagano, Jinseki Kogen Town, Jinseki District

By car from Fukuyama-higashi IC Distance: Approximately 45 kilometers Travel time: Approximately 70 minutes. By car from Tojo IC Distance: Approximately 15 kilometers Travel time: Approximately 30 minutes.

Share this article