National Special Place of Scenic Sandankyo
2.7km from the front entrance to Kurobuchi is the canyon of movement to the mouth of the dragon, from Togazaki to Meotobuchi is the canyon of static like the original Japanese garden, and from Ishihi is the canyon of movement again, just a mountain water painting. You can see the scenery of itself. Customers who see the mouth of the dragon about 5 minutes from the entrance will be taken and walk to Kurobuchi. Different views can be seen depending on the time, weather and season. It is the only canyon in Japan where you can see not only the beauty of the canyon but also old trees and giant trees from a wide variety of flora and promenades. The best time to see the autumn leaves is from late October to late November. Please enjoy the view from the two boats in the Sandan Gorge. Kayaking and SUP are also popular, and there are plenty of activities to enjoy the great outdoors. In addition, there are two therapy roads in the Sandan Gorge where you can experience the beauty of the valley and the power of the forest.
* Please check the website for details such as walking routes (http://www.akioota-navi.jp/html/kankou_mobi_sandankyo_attention.html).
- business hours
- Kurobuchi Tobune / 09: 00 ~ 16: 00 Monkey Flying Tobune / 10: 00 ~ 15: 00
- The service may be suspended the day before, depending on the weather and flood conditions on the day. * There is a boat operation information sign under the MAP sign in the gorge at the entrance of the front entrance of the Sandan Gorge, so please check before entering the gorge.
- Kurobuchi boat high school students and above round trip / 500 yen, Kurobuchi boat high school students and above one way / 300 yen, Kurobuchi boat junior high school students and below round trip / 400 yen, Kurobuchi boat junior high school students and below one way / 200 yen, Kurobuchi boat toddlers / free, Sarutobi boat Round trip for junior high school students and above / 500 yen, round trip for elementary school students and younger / 300 yen
- Sandankyo Tourist Info Center: 1596 Shiwagi, Akiota-cho, Yamagata-gun
- Phone Number
- Parking Lot
- Sandankyo front entrance parking lot: 500 cars (charged). Mizunashiguchi Parking Lot: 200 cars (charged)
Sandankyo front entrance parking lot: 500 cars (charged). Mizunashiguchi Parking Lot: 200 cars (charged)