The spirit of "hospitality" that lives in the present
The former Chiba family residence is the former residence of the Chiba family who served as a post station at the inn station in Kaita, which prospered as a post town on the Sanyo road (Saigokukaido) in the modern era.
As a facility similar to Ochaya (Honjin) and Wakihonjin, this house, which was also used for VIPs to take a rest, is built facing the highway and consists of a main house, a corner house, a tatami room, and a spring garden. increase.
Above all, the Zashiki Building, which was built in 1774, conveys the image of a unified customer service space at the beginning of the construction, along with the attached buildings and spring gardens built at the same time, in 1991. Shoin was designated as an Important Cultural Property of Hiroshima Prefecture, and Izumiba was designated as a scenic spot in Hiroshima Prefecture.
In 2011, the Chiba family donated this house to Kaita-cho to help inherit and learn about the history and culture of the region.
- business hours
- 4 consecutive days from the day before the second Saturday of every month
10: 00-16: 00
* For group tours, it is possible to tour on dates other than the above, but an application is required.
- Irregular holidays / Business days / 4 consecutive days from the day before the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month 10:00-16:00 *Group tours are possible on dates other than the above, but application is required.
- 〒736-00668-31 Nakamise, Kaita-cho, Aki-gun
- Phone Number
- Fax number
- email address
- Parking Lot
- Please use the Oda Mikio Square parking lot.