The castle that became the base of the Hiroshima domain while changing the castle owner with Mr. Mori, Mr. Fukushima, and Mr. Asano
Hiroshima Castle was built in 1589 by Terumoto Mori, who is known as one of the five elders of Toyotomi Hideyoshi. At the same time, the construction of the castle town was promoted, and Masanori Fukushima, who entered the castle on behalf of Mr. Mori after the Battle of Sekigahara, further improved Hiroshima Castle and expanded the castle town by drawing the Saigoku Kaido into the townspeople town. However, it was reformed because the castle was rebuilt without permission, and then Nagaakira Asano entered the castle from Wakayama as the castle owner. After that, Hiroshima developed under the rule of Mr. Asano for 250 years in his twelve years, and prospered as the largest city in western Japan. The current Hiroshima Castle has only Honmaru, Ninomaru, and Uchibori, but originally it had a large section of about 1km north, south, east, and west, and was one of the largest castles in western Japan. The castle tower since its construction was designated as a national treasure in 1931, but it was destroyed by the atomic bomb. The exterior was restored as a symbol of the reconstruction of Hiroshima in 1958, and the interior was renovated in 1989 when the castle was built 400 years ago. Today, the inside of the castle tower is a history museum. The structure of Hiroshima Castle and the lifestyle and culture of the castle town of Hiroshima are exhibited with actual materials, models, videos, etc., and the experience corner where you can take a commemorative photo while wearing period costumes such as armored helmets, jinbaori, and kamishimo is also popular. is. From the observation room, you can see the Atomic Bomb Dome, the Green Arena, and Miyajima on a sunny day.
- business hours
- Tenjokaku March to November / 09: 00 ~ 18: 00 Tenjokaku December to February / 09: 00 ~ 17: 00 Ninomaru April to September / 09: 00 ~ 17: 30 Ninomaru October to March / 09 : 00 ~ 16: 30 * Admission is 30 minutes before closing
- The castle tower is temporarily closed on December 29th, December 30th, and December 31st. Ninomaru is closed on December 29th, December 30th, December 31st, January 1st, and January 2nd.
- Tenshukaku adult / 370 yen, castle tower high school student or 65 years old or older / 180 yen, castle tower junior high school student or younger / free, castle tower group 30 or more adults / 280 yen, castle tower group 30 or more high school student or 65 years old or older / 100 yen, Ninomaru / free
- 〒730-0011 21-1 Motomachi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City
- Phone Number
- Parking Lot
- * There is no parking lot in the ruins of the castle, so please use the general parking lot in the vicinity. * The parking lot for sightseeing buses is located on the south side of Hiroshima Castle (north side of Jonan Dori). For inquiries about the sightseeing bus parking lot, please contact the Central Park RCC front guard room (TEL 082-227-7875).